Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cleaning Fool

We were out of school today for a free day, but almost all of the snow was melting away at a rapid rate this morning when we woke.  Not enough for a snowman. :(  Boo!  We've had quality family time together today by cleaning, playing video games, doing laundry, playing Trouble (I won, woop-woop!), and dining together. 

Cleaning around here is no easy task given that stuff seems to reproduce at crazy rates. Also, there's that saying...cleaning while the kids and hubby here is like trying to brush your teeth while eating an Oreo.  Pointless. Just kidding.  I'll give them credit today.  They helped quite a bit.  Granted the boys just wanted to earn more video game minutes, but whatever...I'll take any help I can get.   I've been trying to downsize off and on for a year now using a Facebook beg, barter, buy and sell group with minimal success.  I'm going to have to bite the bullet and have a garage sale this spring/summer.  I HATE having garage sales.  I don't like haggling with people over stuff that is already marked dirt cheap and I get overwhelmed when there are 20 people waiting to check out at once.  All math skills exit my body and I get incredibly anxious.  Maybe I'll sweet talk one of my friends into helping.  There's motivation to sell it as opposed to donating it as we are trying to save for a vacation to Savannah this summer to see my mama.  I would also like to clear out the garage and actually organize the things I want to keep.  Seriously,folks....We might have enough clothes to clothe a small town.  We also have enough toys to open a daycare...with lots and lots of tiny pieces.  Sigh.  I've found that having more stuff around just makes it way harder to keep the house picked up and maintain my sanity.

Here's an organization challenge I found on pinterest and hope to try it next month: http://holidaysparkle.blogspot.com/2012/12/t-ime-to-ring-in-another-year.html
Anyone else up for doing it? I might have to rearrange some of these. If you have any organization or garage sale tips, give 'em to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment